Indulge in the delightful flavors of our Fennel Pasta recipe, enhanced with the finest Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This vegetarian and vegan dish combines the aromatic notes of fennel, the richness of garlic, and the tanginess of capers. With just a handful of ingredients and 40 minutes of your time, you can create a mouthwatering pasta dish that is both dairy-free and bursting with flavor.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-Free
4 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 Fennel Bulb, sliced
1/2 cup White Onion, sliced
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Water
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons Capers, drained
6 ounces Pasta
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet on medium-high then add about 2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil. Next, add the sliced fennel, onion and salt. Stir and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the water, lower the heat and allow to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth to make the sauce.
- Add the minced garlic and capers to the skillet with a bit more organic extra virgin olive oil. Cook and mash on medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, strain the fennel sauce and pour back into the skillet with the garlic and capers. Discard the pulp. Mix to combine and turn off the heat.
- Cook the pasta until al-dente. Don’t discard the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and turn the heat to low. Stir well until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce. Season with salt and black pepper and add a bit more organic extra virgin olive oil and some of the reserved pasta water, if needed.
- Serve the fennel pasta in bowls and garnish with fennel fronds.