If you're looking for an easy yet delicious breakfast dish, then you've come to the right place!
This savory breakfast, Cilbir (pronounced chil-bir and means Turkish Eggs) is perfectly poached eggs, served over a delicious garlicky yogurt, and finished with a warm spicy butter or olive oil.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian
1 cup of labneh or Greek yogurt
The zest of one lemon
Lemon Juice, to taste
1 Tablespoon of Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Garlic
3 Tablespoon of Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Chili
1 Teaspoon of smoked Paprika
1 Teaspoon of sesame seeds
4 slices of bread
2 Tablespoon of Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 handfuls of arugula
1 small cucumber, sliced
Fresh herbs, to garnish (like cilantro and dill)
- In a bowl, mix the Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Garlic and the lemon zest. Season with salt.
- In another bowl, mix the Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Chili, the smoked paprika and the sesame seeds.
- To poach the eggs, bring a large pot of water to a boil . Crack the eggs into a ramekin or a small bowl and drop the eggs into the water, one at a time. Reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Drizzle Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the bread and toast in a pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl mix the arugula with the cucumber, add a Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little lemon juice, to taste.
- Spread the labneh mixture at the bottom on a plate. Add the salad and the poached eggs. Garnish with the spicy oil and the fresh herbs. Serve with the toasted bread.