No mistakes in creating, no mistakes in baking, I believe no right or wrong! it's simple, tender, it is just enjoyable! Just like a tango dance، so soft and delicate, like each scene of this video! That's what makes it so great!
Enjoy each and every moment of the process, experience it, and live it to its fullest!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Hours
Total Time: 5 Hours and 30 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Vegan (If Vegan Milk and Vegan Chocolate is used), Gluten-Free
- 2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1 heaping cup @terradelyssa dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 &1/2 heaping cup @terradelyssa dates
- 3/4 cup warm milk of choice
- 1/2 heaping tsp. Vanilla powder or 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 3/4 cup roasted lightly salted peanuts
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Blend the peanuts in a food processor until they form a light crumb. Add in the almond flour, dates and salt and pulse until completely combined.
*The dough should be crumbly but should be pressed together between your fingers. If the dough is dry, add 1-4 tbsp. of warm milk of your choice, one at a time to adjust the consistency. @terradelyssa dates have enough moisture, so I did not need to add any liquid.
- Transfer the dough to an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan in an even layer and place in the freezer for 30 min.
- In a food processor, add the dates, peanut butter, vanilla powder, salt, and warm milk. Process until completely smooth. Add more milk, if needed, to adjust the consistency.
- Transfer the caramel to a bowl and add half cup of roasted peanuts, then stir well.
- Remove the base from the freezer and spread the caramel over the base in an even layer using a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining cup of the roasted peanuts on top of the caramel and press them down lightly into the surface of the caramel using your spatula. Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours. (4 or 5 hours works better)
- Lift the bars out of the baking tray cut into 12 bars. Place the bars back in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the bars or dip them into the chocolate and sit them on top of a cooling rack to set.