Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:20 Minutes
Total Time:50 Minutes
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Large Eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Carrot, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil and finely grated carrot until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners then evenly divide batter using a cookie/ice cream scoop.
- Place the muffin pan into the oven then reduce the oven temperature to 400°F and bake muffins for 5 minutes. Without opening oven door, reduce the heat to 360°F and bake for another 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.