These Crispy Smashed Potatoes are a hit all around, especially with a simple Garlic Aioli that does not require any fresh garlic!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
3 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
24 ounces Small Gold Potatoes
1 teaspoon Flakey Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Mayo
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Dill, for garnish
Green Onion, for garnish
- Add the gold potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Add the lid and bring to a boil. Boil uncovered for 5-8 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- To make the garlic aioli, mix together the mayo, lemon juice, salt, and Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Garlic in a bowl then place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the slightly cooled potatoes to the baking sheet, spreading them out a bit.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a glass with Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil then smashed the potatoes gently. Continue to oil the bottom the glass to ensure the smashed potato does not stick to the glass.
- Season the smashed potatoes with salt and black pepper and drizzle with Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Roast the smashed potatoes for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and brown around the edges.
- Add the garlic aioli to a serving platter and spread out with a spoon. Next, place the crispy smashed potatoes on top then season with a bit more salt, black pepper and garnish with thinly slices green onion and torn fresh dill. Finish with a light drizzle of Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil.