Whole roasted cauliflower lathered with a spiced oil that is full of flavor, soft, slightly sweet then topped with a creamy tahini sauce, pretty pomegranate seeds and dried apricot! I am using Terra Delyssa Light in Flavor Olive Oil that is perfect for high heat cooking!
By Food by Jonister
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:40 Minutes
Total Time:50 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
1 Whole Cauliflower
1/2 cup Terra Delyssa® Light in Flavor Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika Powder
1 teaspoon Za’atar Seasoning
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Tahini
3 Tablespoon Water
1 Lemon, juiced
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
1/4 cup Dried Apricot, diced
2 cups Couscous or Rice, cooked
- Wash the cauliflower and remove any leaves then add it to a large pot with a few inches of water. Cover and bring it to a gentle boil to steam for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the spiced oil for the cauliflower, combine sweet paprika powder, za’atar, garlic powder, salt, and Terra Delyssa® Light in Flavor Olive Oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the seamed cauliflower on the parchment lined baking sheet then pour the spiced oil over the cauliflower. Use a pastry brush to coat the cauliflower with the spiced oil well.
- Roast in your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- During the 20 minutes, cook the couscous and make the tahini sauce.
- For the tahini sauce, start by adding tahini to a mixing bowl then add the water and mix well until it thickens. Next, add the fresh lemon juice, salt and maple syrup and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed or add more water to thin it out a bit.
- Once the cauliflower comes out of the oven, carefully move it to a serving platter or low bowl and top with some of the tahini sauce, pomegranate seeds and diced dried apricot. Serve with couscous.