Welcome to this delicious Cinco de Mayo recipe featuring our Extra Virgin Olive Oil! The smooth flavor of this olive oil adds a delightful touch to our Chicken Quesadillas with Pico De Gallo. Not only does it provide a fantastic taste to the dish, but it also enhances its nutritional value. Get ready to celebrate this festive occasion with a mouth-watering meal that is easy to prepare and perfect for sharing with family and friends.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
1/2 cup White Onion, finely diced
1 cup Roma Tomatoes, finely diced and finely diced
1 Jalapeño Pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
2 teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 Chicken Breast, cubed
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Start by making the pico de gallo. Add the finely diced white onion, tomatoes and jalapeño pepper to a bowl. Next, add the fresh lime juice and mix to combine. Lastly, add Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cilantro and salt. Mix well then cover and set aside to marinate while making the quesadillas.
- Heat a large skillet then add 2 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the cubed chicken to the skillet then season with ground cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Cook on medium heat until browned and fully cooked through. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Place the tortillas on a board then cut in half. Add cheese to each half of the cut tortilla then top with the cooked chicken and more cheese on top. Fold the bare half over to close.
- Pan fry the quesadillas in a clean skillet with 1 Tablespoon of Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat until golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted.
- Serve the chicken quesadillas with the pico de gallo.