Sun-Dried Tomato Rigatoni
let's celebrate #CanadaDay with this sun-dried tomato rigatoni recipe. it's healthy, easy & a crowd-pleaser.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian
1/2 cup Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 ounces Rigatoni
1 Shallot, diced
3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Tomato Paste
1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet on medium-high then add Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, diced shallot and sliced garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes then add tomato paste and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add rigatoni to the boiling water and cook until al-dente, according to package instructions.
- Season the oil and sun-dried tomato mixture with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir and turn off the heat.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Add the pasta and the reserved cooking liquid to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Lastly, add honey then taste for seasoning.
- To serve, add ricotta cheese to the bottom of the pasta bowls then top with the sun-dried tomato rigatoni.