This Mediterranean Flatbread is a super tasty way to enjoy some of your favorite flavors on a delicious crust of your choice.
Pro-tip: The roasted garlic spread that goes down first, sure it adds an extra step, from just using fresh raw garlic – but it is highly, highly recommended. Next level flavors here.
Other optional topics: baby spinach, fresh tomatoes instead of sun dried, fresh basil instead of oregano, red onion, crushed red pepper flakes, pepperoncini
- 1 box ready pizza crust of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/4 cup cold water (you may need a little bit more)
- sea salt
Roasted Garlic Spread
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated artichokes hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces sheep’s milk feta cheese, goat cheese or other cheese (optional)
- zest from one lemon
- fresh oregano, basil or parsley
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
Prepare pizza crust mix by adding olive oil and water. Mix well and work into a ball. Add more water as needed. With damp hands, press the dough into one single large rectangle on a greased or parchment paper lined large baking sheet (rather than two pizza rounds as the directions state) – thickness should be around 1/4-inch for a slightly chewy crust. If you want it crispier, work it more to 1/8-inch.
Lightly brush the surface with a little olive oil and lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Using a fork make indentation holes throughout and bake without toppings for 10-12 minutes. (8-10 for a thinner crust.)