What could be better than a cookie that’s both sweet and nutty? Date Cookies! These Mediterranean-inspired treats are chewy with just enough flavor to keep you coming back for seconds.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kitchen salt
1 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup cane sugar
½ cup of packed light brown sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups roughly chopped pecans toasted
1 ½ cups chopped pitted Terra Delyssa Organic dates
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until the flour is well incorporated. Stir in the pecans and dates.
- If time permits, cover the dough with plastic and chill for 2 hours or overnight. This allows the cookies to be thicker & chewier.
- Scoop the chilled dough using a spring-loaded cookie scoop onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. It should make about 48 cookies
- Bake 8-11 minutes, or until golden brown and cookie are puffed.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.