Dark Chocolate Olive Oil Cookies
This Valentine's Day, whip up a batch of chocolate olive oil cookies to celebrate your love. Terra delyssa has created this delicious recipe that is sure not only impress but also satisfy any sweet tooth in attendance at the dinner table!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Water
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl or standing mixer, add Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, water, softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Using the paddle attachment or hand mixer, mix until creamed together. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl then mix again to evenly incorporate everything.
- In a second mixing bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until most of the dry bits have been absorbed.
- Add the chocolate chips then mix again.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a quarter cup measuring cup, scoop the cookie mixture then place onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave 2 inches of space in between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 350°F for 10-13 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.