Banana Bread with Dates
Try this banana bread recipe with Terra Delyssa organic extra virgin olive oil and Deglet Noor dates for breakfast, teatime, or whenever you need your sweet tooth satisfied. It's perfect!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Large Bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Terra Delyssa® Organic Pitted Dates, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and sea salt then set aside.
- In a second large mixing bowl whisk together mashed bananas, extra virgin olive oil, brown sugar and granulate sugar.
- Next, add eggs, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and use a spatula to mix until almost all of the dry ingredients are incorporated, do not over mix.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped dates then transfer the batter into a parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and slicing to serve.