By Food By Jonister
This dish is a mix of food science and magic as the broth is added in stages to slowly simmer the rice until it is plump and cooked to perfection. Since the veggies are chopped, they are added towards the end as they only need a few minutes. Spring to me means fresh herbs which is why I love adding chives and dill.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Tablespoon Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Lemon
1 Shallot, diced
2 Garlic Gloves, minced
1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
1/3 cup White Wine
6 cups Vegetable Broth, warmed
1/2 cup Frozen Peas
1/2 cup Carrot, diced
1/2 cup Asparagus, sliced
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, thinly sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat then add the extra virgin olive oil.
- To the hot oil, add the shallot and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes then add the arborio rice. Stirring occasionally, toast the rice on medium heat for 2 minutes then add the white wine. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Next, add 1-2 ladles of the broth, stir and cook on medium heat until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Continue this process until about half of the broth has been used then add the vegetables, stir and add more broth in stages.
- Once all of the broth has been used up, the rice is plump and fully cooked, season with salt and black pepper.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle the dish with Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Lemon and add the fresh herbs. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasoning if needed, then serve.