Spicy Bruised Tomato Spaghetti
Sweet, savory and slightly Spicy Bruised Tomato Spaghetti is so easy to make and highly addictive. The aroma of this dish is mouthwatering, and the taste will have you coming back for seconds.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
2 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Red Pepper Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 ounces Spaghetti
1 Shallot, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 pint Grape Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon Salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Toasted Pine Nuts, for garnish
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, for garnish
- Wash, dry then slice about half of the grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on high heat then add Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. To the hot oil, add shallot, garlic and grape tomatoes. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of salt to the boiling water then add the spaghetti and cook uncovered for 8 minutes or until al-dente.
- By now, the grape tomatoes should be soft and bruised. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water, Terra Delyssa® Red Pepper Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and black pepper. Stir to combine, and turn the heat to low until the spaghetti is done.
- Add the al-dente spaghetti to the skillet, stir to combine and add more pasta water if needed. Taste before adding more salt, if needed.
- Plate the pasta in bowls the garnish with toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and another light drizzle of Terra Delyssa® Red Pepper Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, if desired.