A one-pot Mediterranean chicken recipe that's easy, healthy and delicious! In simple steps you can have a fresh dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Diet Category: Healthy, Lean Protein
3 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Chicken Thighs, skinless & boneless
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Sweet Paprika Powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1/3 cup White Onion, finely diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
2 Tomatoes, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/3 cup Couscous
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken thighs with the spices on both sides and preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the hot skillet then sear the chicken thighs on medium heat. About 4 minutes on each side then move to a plate.
- Next, add the diced onion, bell pepper, onion and garlic to the skillet and add more Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil if needed. Stir and sauté for about a minute then add the couscous and chicken broth. Stir to combine then cover and simmer until the couscous is al-dente, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken thighs to the skillet, cover and finish cooking until the chicken and couscous is fully cooked.
- Finish with a bit of fresh lemon juice, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh parsley and serve.